My mother became unexpectedly pregnant at 21, much to the dismay of her parents. She was in love with my father but was no longer welcome in her home. She went to Planned Parenthood who told her that they would help her in any way. She wanted me but was not sure that she could raise me. They went through adoption plans together, but reinforced that her choice was her own.
Guess what? My parents were married a few months later. My Dad’s family took them in and I was born in the ‘unwed/uninsured mother’s section’ of the local hospital. My parents have now been married for almost 40 years and they chose to have another child when they were ready. When women are scared and don’t have a lot of options - Planned Parenthood supports them. I am living proof of that.
- and-also-lace likes this
- inbarati reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme
- wateringgoodseeds likes this
- unutterable-visions reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme
- sans-nuage likes this
- kandycedk likes this
- kandycedk reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme
- marleymagaziner likes this
- thecupcakewarrior likes this
- 12pies likes this
- loverlyqueerbunny reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme
- herblondness likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- bbomvad submitted this to plannedparenthoodsavedme