I’ve finally had a chance to crunch some numbers and look at media hits, and wanted to share some info about this amazing community that you’ve helped develop in the last few days.
We launched on Wednesday morning, and since then — 72 hours later — we’ve gotten:
- About 260 story submissions. That’s about 4 stories an hour, on average. They mostly came in large groups; there were times were I was getting about 15-20 submissions an hour. Y’all are prolific! <3
- Just over 1,000 followers on Tumblr, and 28,000 unique visitors to the site. More than half of those came from social media. Which means: telling and sharing our stories matters.
- Mentioned on tons of media. Rachel Maddow, CBC Connect, Washington Post, Colorlines.com, Feministing, AlterNet, Salon.com (x2!), The Nation, American Prospect, Our Bodies Ourselves, Daily Kos, The Guardian, Utne, RH Reality Check and more. (Did I miss any? @me on Twitter or submit it.)
You might think our crazy traffic came from those media mentions. Shockingly, no— most of the hits came before the major media. So, to repeat: telling and sharing our stories matters.
I can’t thank you enough for being here with me. When I started this, it was a bit of a lark— I just kept thinking about women and their stories, and how we could show what a difference Planned Parenthood has made. You did the rest. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- nicolearo reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme
- badinfluencespeaks reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme
- badinfluencespeaks likes this
- seriiously likes this
- indecisis likes this
- blissandzen likes this
- amiliabyrd likes this
- sarahlee310 reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme and added:
- sarahlee310 likes this
- lifewithzin likes this
- nanceinmypance likes this
- christinemc2 likes this
- christinemc2 reblogged this from plannedparenthoodsavedme
- some-disgraced-cosmonaut likes this
- lizziebelle likes this
- nejidori likes this
- zaynrand likes this
- plannedparenthoodsavedme posted this